2021 Movable Book Society Conference
2021 Denver Conference
September 30 – October 3, 2021
Magnolia Hotel Denver
Keynote Speaker: Suzanne Karr Schmidt
Curator of Rare Books and Manuscripts at the Newberry Library, Chicago
Attend in person OR online
Exhibition reception at the Art Students League of Denver
Two Ways to Register, Two Ways to Pay
To register for The Movable Book Society Conference:
- Click here to easily Register Online See below to sign up for Book Fair Tables
- Print and complete this form and send with a check, payable to “The Movable Book Society,” to Denise Price at the address listed on the registration form.
Need to cancel your registration?
Conference registration refunds are available until August 31, 2021. No refunds will be issued after September 1, 2021.
Book Your Hotel Room
|The conference hotel is the Magnolia Hotel Denver
located at 818 17th Street
Single or Double: $209.00/night
Rates are available until 9/8/2021
Book your Room by Phone. Dial 303-607-9000, and ask for The Movable Book Society rate.
NEW for 2021: The Hybrid Conference!
- Viewing all conference presentations in real time (including pre-conference “tours”)
- Live interaction with presenters
- Participation in the hands-on project
- An online portion of the silent auction
- Voting for the Meggendorfer Prize for Trade Books
- The first 150 to register (on-site or virtual participation) will receive a free copy of “One Thousand and One Handbags”.
Virtual Registration Fee: $75.00
The Book Fair
Reserve a full or half table for book sales or swaps on Saturday, October 2nd. Full table prices are $50.00 for MBS Members and $75.00 for the General Public. Click here to book your table at The Book Fair.
A limited number of conference scholarships are available by lottery. Each scholarship covers the conference fee, one year’s membership, and a $500 stipend to be used for hotel and/or flight. Recipients will be asked to assist at the conference. To apply, click here to open the 2021 MBS Scholarship form. Deadline is July 1, 2021. Previous recipients are not eligible.
Do you have something unusual that you would like to share at the conference? Friday night is Show-and-Tell night at the hotel. Prepare to bring a special book that you have collected or made, and watch for further details.
The Open Mic
If you are interested in presenting a 5-minute, web-based update on your current work, contact Shawn Sheehy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only eight spots are available—sign up now!
The Emerging Paper Engineer Prize recognizes excellence in paper engineering among undergraduate and/or graduate students worldwide. Click for more information and to download a submission form.
Sunday, October 3
Kyle Olmon , Author and paper engineer of “Castle” and “Baby Signs”
Antje von Stemm, German paper engineer/illustrator/author
Both workshops will be held at the Art Students League of Denver located at 200 Grant St, Denver, CO 80203
More information coming soon. Workshop registration opens in May.