The Movable Book Society Meggendorfer Awards
Celebrating Paper Engineers, Book Artists & Pop-Up Books 1998–2018
A comprehensive by-year listing of the Movable Book Society Meggendorfer prize finalists, honorable mentions and winners, with full-color photographs of books and paper engineers.
For twenty years, the Movable Book Society has honored those paper engineers who have designed the most outstanding movable or pop-up trade books. In the spirit of German paper engineer Lothar Meggendorfer (1847-1925), the Meggendorfer Prizes represent innovation, ingenuity and unparalleled excellence in movable book creation.
This guide is the official history of the award and includes:
- Complete listing of all the biennial nominees, honorable mentions and winners
- Four categories: best paper engineering for a trade publication, outstanding emerging paper engineer, best artists book, and lifetime achievement
- Full-color photographs of prize-winning books and memorable inside spreads
- Short bios and photographs of award recipients
- Index of more than 100 paper engineers and book artists including Simon Arizpe, Andrew Baron, Marion Bataille, Anouck Boisrobert, David A. Carter, James Roger Diaz, Nicholas Danish, Corina Fletcher, Bruce Foster, Colette Fu, Sam Ita, Yoojin Kim, Ray Marshall, Courtney Watson McCarthy, Kees Moerbeek, David Pelham, Matthew Reinhart, Louis Rigaud, Robert Sabuda, Ken Wilson-Max, Yevgeniya Yeretskaya and Dorothy Yule
Domestic U.S. orders click here
Pop-up book lovers, bibliophiles, librarians, parents, and young readers will find this guide, edited by Kyra E. Hicks, an essential aid in building a complete collection of contemporary, three-dimensional books.
Paperback: 80 pages
Editor: Kyra E. Hicks
Publisher: The Movable Book Society (October 27, 2019)
Product Dimensions: 7” x 0.2” x 10”